BALTIMORE, MD – In accordance with Baltimore City Council Rule 5-11, City Council President Brandon M. Scott has released the names of the 13-member Vacancy Nominating Committee that is tasked with recommending a nominee to the full Council to fill the current vacancy in the 2nd District.
The Committee is comprised of 2nd District residents and registered voters, community leaders, business owners and two members of the City Council from neighboring districts. Pursuant to Rule 5-11, the Committee will convene at a public hearing on Thursday, May 30, at 5:00 PM, to conduct public interviews, as required by law, of individuals interested in filling the 2nd District Council vacancy. The public hearing will air on Charm TV’s cable channel 25. Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a registered voter
- Be a resident of the 2nd City Council District for at least one year
Members of the Vacancy Nominating Committee are:
- Chair, City Councilwoman Shannon Sneed, 13th District
- City Councilman Zeke Cohen, 1st District
- Barbara Jackson, Frankford Improvement Association
- Gloria Jenkins, Regional Management
- Winette Downer, Cedonia Community Association
- William "Pete" Moody, Gardenville Neighborhood Association
- Chet Brown, Brown Tisdale Inc.
- Rita Crews, Belair Edison Community Association
- Kate Scherr-Adams, KS Solutions
- Michael Karasik, Glenham Belhar Community Association
- Erica Wernery-Mullin, East Rosemont Community Association
- Patrick Morgan, Highlandtown, Community Association
- William Murphy, Frankford Estates Homeowner Association
Individuals interested in applying to fill the vacancy should forward copies of their resume that lists their address by Friday, May 24, at 5:00 PM to Mr. Larry Greene, Office of Council Services, 100 N. Holliday Street, Room 415, Baltimore, MD 21202. Applications can be submitted by mail, in person, or by email at 2ndDistrictVacancy@gmail.com.
In the coming weeks, the Council President’s office is planning to use the District 2 page on the City Council’s website as a landing for posting information about the nominating committee, application process, etc. At a future date, applicants will be asked to show verification of their age, address and voter registration.